Search This Blog

Friday 19 April 2013

Time for an Update

Hi folks

Not been doing much research for the Plaisted family recently.  Last lady I helped was Amy.  I charming young lady in the USA.  I hope that I managed to connect her with another researcher of her direct line. 

I would dearly like to  connect all the dots for the Plaisted line in Australia and bring it all up to date, there are so many different surnames and in so many different places too.  Those that are in Australia please give me a yell, it would be lovely to find some more details and cousins.

Now I would love to show you some photos of various Plaisteds from completely different lines that have no connect (YET) however the DNA is amazing - and shows to be very strong.

Just got to ask permission to use photos so keep an eye open for them soon.  I hope.

Let us get this American lines up and running too.  I have updated some family trees.  If you see anything that matches your line please let me know.  I will be putting them up soon too.  The trees I have updated are from the Book by Arthur H Plaisted.


Before I go to links from Anne  (Big Thanks)  about The Australian Plaisted line and also the Green line that married into it. 

 http://ayfamilyhistory.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/tabitha-plaisted-1806-1891.html   Tabitha Plaisted sister of John

http://ayfamilyhistory.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/green-family-in-australia.html    Anne Green wife of John

Take care be back soon.  xx




2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,

    I'm hoping this comes through correctly as I've never posted on a blog before!

    My name is Jen Boss (nee Plaisted) and I'm from an Australian part of the Plaisted family (mainly Western Australia). My grandmother, Nancy Ethel Plaisted has a copy of Arthur Plaisted's book so I'm able to see who my decendants are and from memory I've counted back 28 generations!

    I am also descended from John Plaisted & Ann Green who are my great great great grandparents. Their son Thomas (married to Louisa) is my great great grandfather followed by Albert Turner, Sydney Anzac (my grandfather) and father Peter.

    Although I don't have as much spare time as I'd like to spend on my family history, I'm happy to help fill in some blanks for your research. I can be contacted at jenplaisted@bigpond.com and I'm also a member of the Plaisted family Facebook page.

    Take care and thanks for all your efforts with tracing the family!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen

      You have done really well. Thanks for your comment. I have replied via email. Keep in touch and thanks for any information you can give me.

      Claire

      Delete